Carbon Fiber and wings

Ted Sander tedsander at comcast.net
Thu Mar 17 20:31:18 AKST 2005

Yes, I'm behind in building - blame it on Gordon Anderson!

But, the burning question of the moment:
Ready to start sheeting my wing cores.  I've got miles of CF tow (loose
"rope").  Do I make a very shallow groove from root to tip, and lay it out
thin and ribbon like?  Or, do I twist it into a round, rod like shape, and
lay it in a deeper groove.  Binder will be Gorilla Glue, just like used on
the rest of the skin.

Or, given that this is a plug in wing, I just skip it, because the wing will
be strong enough anyway?

(Homemade cores, generally following the Focus layout)

Ted Sander