Antenna Tube

ronlock at comcast.net ronlock at comcast.net
Tue Mar 15 04:28:22 AKST 2005

I got a free plane years ago when I found the antenna piled up in the wing bay
after a flying session.
After antenna is threaded into the tube, it needs to be secured.
I wedge the antenna in place with a piece of fuel tube cut a severe angle.

Later, Ron Lockhart

"...I got a free plane when I had a similar symptom because my Rx antenna was coiled up around the fuel tank. Plane flew fine after I rethreaded the antenna in the tube..."

Bill,

Although Airtronics didn’t find a problem with the receiver, they did replace the crystal anyway. They were very responsive to the problem… Outstanding Customer Service!!!!

I’ll setup my Magic and give it a work out for a while before I fly my pattern planes…

I had around 50 flights with no problem in the same Focus. It never failed a range check. Then at the Dayton contest I got a free plane when I had a similar symptom because my Rx antenna was coiled up around the fuel tank. Plane flew fine after I rethreaded the antenna in the tube.

The next contest was the Shoot Out. After I aborted the first flight, I checked everything out…especially the antenna…everything looked good. About 20 minutes later, I aborted the second flight for the same problem during flight.

I have never had this kind of problem before.

The RX was an Airtronics 92778 FM – 8 Channel. I will be using a PCM Rx for now on…

Larry