PCM lock out servo mvt

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Fri Mar 11 07:12:51 AKST 2005

I have tried the "Dethermalizer" command on a Funtana 90. This model is set
up for extreme flight and has 50 degrees up elevator.

Essentially I put the plane in a Harrier and tried controlling the
oscillations in the usual way. Then I decide to not use rudder and aileron, only
elevator. Oddly enough, the oscillations didn't really get that much worse and  the
model didn't flip on its back, an unexpected result. It still  oscillates
hard at only 50 degrees of throw and it would likely catch a wing tip  if brought
down that way.

Maybe what is really needed for real dethermalized flight is elevator
command at closer to 90 degrees or possibly having the whole stabilizer flip up.
Kinda what Burt Rutan's team did with their re-entry spacecraft.

Matt

PS- What IS this SPAM, SPAM and more SPAM we keep seeing in the  subject
lines.

In a message dated 3/11/2005 10:20:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,