[SPAM] Re: intermediate sequence poll

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Wed Mar 9 11:32:03 AKST 2005

Bill,

there are multiple reasons:

1) the goal is to get all types of pattern flyers. Not just NSRCA members. While there is no requirement to be a member of the NSRCA to use this list many members and non members are not part of this list.

2) RCU allows a poll in that I DON"T have to count the votes...The poll does this and I just go to the poll after it ends and record the results.

3) RCU is easy to access by even the folks on this list

4) RCU is a better medium to track the comments and changes than email. RCU keeps the thread together and less prone to wonder to a new topic within the email

5) RCU allows for comments and just the numbers. I can get the numbers without having to guess at the comments meaning.

6) the Numbers on RCU are public for all to see. So there is no way for the numbers to get massaged to fit a certain idea or goal.

7) while it may be possible for guys like Ed Hartley and Tom Simes to create such a  poll for our use...RCU doesn't require any extra work on their part.

So these advantages outweighed the nsrca discussion list.

Troy