Rules Changes----Advancement

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Wed Mar 9 04:34:33 AKST 2005

What about letting him start in any class he feels comfortable in with the
stipulation that his first year back he will not be eligible and will not
accumulate points for the DC in that class if it is a class that is a  lower class
than the one he left.

 I think there is also merit in letting someone move up for a contest  to
test their skills without loosing the option of moving back down, If they  have
gained the skill required for the higher class they will most likely stay
there but if they havent and are forced to stay in the higher class they may
become discouraged and quit.
Buddy

Mark, although most people don't park in a class, I have experienced  a
couple instances where a guy actually wins the DC in his class one  year, takes the
next year off for whatever reason, then he returns back in his  old class. I
appreciate the fact that he returned and like the added  attendance, but some
of his fellow competitors may not agree.

What I am saying is a Checks and Balances system needs to be in place  such
that this type of situation is controlled. I admit it doesn't happen  often and
may not be viewed as a big deal by the higher class pilots, but it  raises
the eyebrows of the guys it affects. At present the policing is  supposed to be
done by the DVP. As a past DVP, I didn't care for the idea of  telling someone
when to move.

The DVPs need a better tool. At the same time, the tool needs to be  flexible
enough so that that the guys without enough skill aren't forced up.  I've
seen this situation also.

Careful schedule design and more frequent change may alleviate some of  the
concern. The parkers could, in effect, start fresh every year, just as the  new
guys entering a class. That places different burden on the group designing
schedules and on the AMA CB approving them.

regards
MattK

In a message dated 3/8/2005 8:38:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,  DaveL322 at co