Rules Changes----Advancement

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Wed Mar 9 03:42:17 AKST 2005

Mark, although most people don't park in a class, I have experienced  a
couple instances where a guy actually wins the DC in his class one year,  takes the
next year off for whatever reason, then he returns back in his old  class. I
appreciate the fact that he returned and like the added attendance, but  some
of his fellow competitors may not agree.

What I am saying is a Checks and Balances system needs to be in place such
that this type of situation is controlled. I admit it doesn't happen often and
may not be viewed as a big deal by the higher class pilots, but it raises the
 eyebrows of the guys it affects. At present the policing is supposed to be
done  by the DVP. As a past DVP, I didn't care for the idea of telling someone
when to  move.

The DVPs need a better tool. At the same time, the tool needs to be  flexible
enough so that that the guys without enough skill aren't forced up.  I've
seen this situation also.

Careful schedule design and more frequent change may alleviate some of the
concern. The parkers could, in effect, start fresh every year, just as the new
guys entering a class. That places different burden on the group designing
schedules and on the AMA CB approving them.

regards
MattK

In a message dated 3/8/2005 8:38:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,