Prop choices for OS 50Sx

Ihncheol Park PatternFlyer at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 8 22:34:32 AKST 2005

Hi, John,

Here is what I have.
OS recommends 12x6 for break-in.
normal flying 11x6 ~10 & 12x6, aerobatic 12x7 ~9
I use the stock muffler, a 12x7 APC with Powermaster 15% blended on my
wife's Calmato trainer about 5.5lb.
Flys slow enough. good vertical.  I may go with additional head gasket(s)
and higher nitro fuels that I have later.

Many people uses Macs muffler (black one) for more power.
You will want to run at least a gallon or two at rich setting. I just start
new engine with rich setting (2.5 turn open or more). Slowly lean it out
until it does not die.  Then fly it a gallon or two and lean it out more.
Don't lean it out too much like an ABC type.  I messed up one of my ringed
engine couple years ago.

Ihncheol Park