Measuring incidence

ronlock at comcast.net ronlock at comcast.net
Mon Mar 7 13:26:30 AKST 2005

Use Rick's para 2 below (sticks & rubber bands work for me)

You can eye-ball the stab & elevator from the rear and see elevator
center with amazingly good accuracy.   Your looking for equal amounts
of upper and lower surface of stab and elevator to be visible.   If not,
re shim the sticks and rubber bands, and eyeball again.
This is  harder to describe than to do.   Good light is needed.

Ron Lockhart

<gulp> here goes: I'vwe done it two ways:
1. Measure the incidence of the stab itself without the elevators mounted  -- with either with a meter or with center lines on the stab LE and TE.
2. If the elevators are mounted lock them in neutral with tape, sticks, etc, and measure away.
Can't wait to hear other solutions to this!
-Rick