How to set up pull-pull cables

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Mon Mar 7 06:15:14 AKST 2005

On Mar 7, 2005, at 8:28 AM, Dean Pappas wrote:

> I loop through the crimp sleeve a total of 3 times.  Once through the
> sleeve, and through the eye bolt,
> back through the sleeve, loop around outside and pass back through the
> sleeve in the same direction.
> If you pull that last loop tight, the cable won't make the turn to
> pull through the sleeve.

I do the three-pass method with the pull-pull cables, but I make all
three passes through the sleeve.  The three passes of the cables
naturally fit perfectly in the sleeve and, when you crimp the sleeve,
there's no way the loop can pull through it.  No failures in hundreds
(maybe thousands) of flights.

Ron Van Putte