GETTING THE NEW R/C FLYER STARTED

Ken Thompson III mrandmrst at comcast.net
Fri Mar 4 11:48:18 AKST 2005

Wayne,
I started in a similar way.  Having less than a dozen flights with a buddy
box, the flying season came to an end.  I wasn't ready to give up yet so I
bought a Zagi which I flew all winter in 2001-02.  By the time spring rolled
around, my instructor pulled up to the field to see me flying already.
Walking up to me, he asked, "did you know your not supposed to be flying
without an instructor?"  I said," yeah I know, I thought I'd get a quick one
in before you got here."
After watching me for a few takeoffs and landings, he signed my ticket to
get my pilots card.
I'm not so sure this isn't the way to go, at least for some.

Ken