How to set up pull-pull cables

rick wallace rickwallace45 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 4 02:37:37 AKST 2005

Good morning, John!

Let's see... pull-pull. The method below was taught to me by a great pattern
flier and has worked for all my planes since. I'm sure someone else will
post a great method for doing this with plastic coated steel fishing leader,
but I've been using vinyl located braided Kevlar cord and never had a
problem.

As always, the rudder control arms should terminate on the hinge line. The
connections on the ends of the arm should be the diameter of the pull pull
wheel - or arm- you use.

I use a single piece of .038 kevcord with ends knotted through 4-40 brass
connectors (both from Aerospace Composite Products - ACP). The cable goes
from one connector into the fuse, to the pul- pull wheel on the servo - with
a turn around the set screw on the wheel, and back down, out the fuse and to
the other connector.
Photo available of the servo end (when using a servo arm instead of a wheel)
is at
http://www.angelfire.com/nj3/rixplanes/images/Elev_Rudder%20servo%20mounts.j
pg

Hope this helps.