Pattern Box Rules (discussion)

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Thu Mar 3 05:40:06 AKST 2005

My vote would be to up the penalty for flying too far out.  Hard to tell
if it is 150 or 175, but 200 meters to me is a ZERO...outta the box. But I
can only give a serious 2pt downgrade. It bothers me when people fly
200-225 meters out with a downgrade. Problem here of course is the FAI's
are about the worse offenders -i.e. can't do a rolling circle within 175
meters-fly it right or get rid of it. Considering that us low class types
follow their lead (butt sniffin' in reality) no wonder I see 250 meter
patterns.
The box dimensions are just fine. Slow the plane down and everything fits
(for those of you who need a plane that WILL slow down see
www.aeroslave.com-thankyouverymuch).  For those who still have a "hate
thing" for turn around, to me turn around is what makes it flow, and is
what makes it cool. Yeah its hard and I suck, so what?
While I am on a rant, how stupid is that we got rid of T.O. and
landings??? Too hard also? Actually WE did not get rid of them.....

Love to all.....

Wait..one more! I got a P-51 coin and a DVD in the mail from the AMA
yesterday UNSOLICITED but now they want me to either mail it back or give
them $9. WTF is that all about. Now I am considering keeping the coin just
because it is a P-51, but I can just imagine whats on the DVD...a control
line P-51 doing "stunts"....wow, maybe some free flight?? I hate the MA
mag....I can only imagine whats on the DVD.
If I am too lazy to mail the DVD back and do not pay the $9 what happens
to me? AMA hate mail? AMA collection agency? "Bruno" Dave Brown at my door
step or the AMA Gansta-rappers/collections.......

More love to all and a merry P-51

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering