Two Stk

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Tue Mar 1 06:30:25 AKST 2005

Warm fuel will assist the vaporization. With care tho, to   disallow vapor
lock. And most vaporization does happen in the crankcase due to  partial vacuum
effect and heat there. But enough happens in the venturi to act  as
refrigerant for the carb body and that can cause freezing and ice build up.  Also, the
sudden expansion of the inlet air  as it enters the crankcase  just past the
venturi, can't be ignored either.

The dynamics are complex and depend on ambient conditions but the concept  is
fairly simple once the fundamental is understood: evaporation is a cooling
process

MattK

In a message dated 3/1/2005 8:58:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,