Elan trouble

Jim Ivey jivey61 at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 29 19:22:33 AKDT 2005

 Jerry
 Ok it is solved why.  The tail being painted, glassed with primer, etc is the problem. Usually only the verticle stab gets painted on a FG fuse. The horiz,elevators and rudder get monocoted or ultracoat or some film coating. This is not near as heavy. There is a lot of weight at the rear in paint and at that distance from the CG has caused your problem.
 I hate to say, but another set of elevators stabilizer and rudder, covered in film coating is your solution. The alternative is to add the weight and fly it. It'l be a little heavy and fast but should groove good.
Good luck

Jim Ivey

> From: "Jerry Wilson" <JWilsonJr at houston.rr.com>
> Date: 2005/06/29 Wed PM 09:35:40 EDT
> To: <discussion at nsrca.org>
> Subject: RE: Elan trouble
>
> Jim,
>
> I don't know why it is tail heavy.  I was very surprised.  CG is noted on
> the plan. Fuselage is painted as are horizontal stab, elevator, and rudder
> which were also glassed.    Could be my glassing and paint job is heavy
> although I would not have thought so much weight could be attributed to
> this.  Rudder and Elevator servos are over the wing trailing edge as per
> plan.  Battery pack has been moved to the firewall.  Used Central carbon
> fiber push rod for elevator to MK dual bellcrank and MK control horns.  Push
> pull cable on rudder.  Receiver and throttle servo are about at the CG.
>
> Jerry

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.