Changing Frequencies.....danger??

Ken Thompson mrandmrst at comcast.net
Wed Jun 29 17:07:31 AKDT 2005

Pretty good question Scott, after our conversation on Sunday, I looked this
on the RC Universe Futaba forum.  Futaba tech support says that the changing
of crystals in the transmitters such as the 6XAS is illegal according to the
FCC.  Not having the transmitter re-tuned could allow some errant radio
waves to be emitted that could possibly cause some interference outside of
the RC range of the 72MHz band.  This still doesn't explain the synthesized
modules.
As I told you Sunday, I have been switching modules for different planes,
without any ill effects, but that doesn't mean I'm doing the right thing.

Ken

Sorry I didn't get back to you today, I just now got a minute, I'll give you
a call.