OS 1.40 Needle Valves

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 23 00:45:30 AKDT 2005

I seem to recall having a Fox 45-ish engine about 8 or 9 years ago that also
had instructions on how to sand the taper on the needle valve in one place
or another, depending on where it wanted to quit.  After going through this
exercise and trying a different carb & needle valve that supposedly required
less finish work from the owner, I turned it into a mini-fish habitat in a
small NJ lake (just the motor, no airplane attached).  Never again!  They
really need to stick with CL engines.
Ed