Battery Chargers

David Flynt dflynt at verizon.net
Wed Jun 22 22:49:55 AKDT 2005

Don,

I have and still use the Sirius Pro charger for nicads and nimh packs, and I
also have a AstroFlight 110 Deluxe charger.  If I had to have only one, the
110 is more versatile.  It figures out how many cells you are charging, from
1 to 24, it discharges from 1 to 24, it charges at 50 ma to 8a.  They are
both nice.  The sirius has no knobs and charges in a manner that does not
require discharge.  The sirius pro can charge nimh up to 3000 mah if you
send it in for $35 upgrade.

I just purchased a nimh 4.8v 2300 mah receiver pack and a 9.6v 2300 mah
transmitter pack from Batteries America.  I plan to use the sirius at the
field because it is so simple, however the charge rate is slow compared to
the adjustable rate of the 110, so that is a bit of a tradeoff.

I'll tell you another thing.  I purchased a Pyramid PS15KX 10 Amp Regulated
Power Supply from millionbuy.com for $40.  This thing is awesome, and the
price is great. It has a cigarette plug and another set of outputs.  I use
it for charging nicds, nimh, li-polys, and whatever else I need to power at
home.

Regards,

David Flynt