Nats Itinerary

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Jun 22 18:07:04 AKDT 2005

On Jun 22, 2005, at 6:37 PM, Grow Pattern wrote:

> Masters AM
>
> FAI PM
>
> As far as I know.

For many years, we alternated between having the Master class in the
morning and the F3A class in the afternoon and vice versa.  For the
past two years, we had the F3A class in the morning and the Master
class in the afternoon.  The problem with having the Master class in
the morning is, if there are a lot of Master class pilots (greater than
about 48), you can't finish the class until after noon, especially if
there's a weather delay.  This pushes the afternoon session, which
starts at 1:00 P.M., because the flightline people need to have a lunch
break and the judges for the afternoon session are the ones who are
just finishing up flying and they need time to put up their airplanes
and get some lunch too.  After peaking at 54 Master class pilots one
year, for the past couple of years, we've had a lot less than that and
were able to fit them in, no matter when the class competed.  I hope
this year is the same.

Ron Van Putte