Nat's dates

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Thu Jun 16 09:49:49 AKDT 2005

Same here, but the school district keeps moving the date up. It's a huge
political issue regarding how many days the students have to be in school
for required funding and when the teachers want off for Christmas, etc.
Personally I wish it was like it used to be, after Labor Day.

Things are crazy these days, if your child misses too many days the school
looses funding, so when your kid misses (or is tardy) the school's main
concern isn't for the child not being educated, it's for their own financial
interests. They also count three tardies as an absence, so after about five
tardies the parent gets a nasty letter stating that if there are any further
tardies you'll have to appear in court and explain to the judge why your
child is tardy so much and could have to pay a fine to as much as $1000.

Keith