Watt Meter, IR temp gun

Tom Simes nsrca at shinymetalass.com
Tue Jun 14 12:18:06 AKDT 2005

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:13:22 -0400
Jim_Woodward at beaerospace.com wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm wondering what the sources are for a good watt meter (for Hacker
> C50  14 XL setup), and an inexpensive IR temp gun are.

Can't help with the IR gun, but I've been using one of these watt meters
and have been very pleased with it:

http://www.rc-cars-planes.com/rc-watt-meter_.html

A couple of features that set it apart from others are that it records
peak values for amps and watts as well as minimum values for volts.
For really low voltage applications, it can also be externally powered.
It's also small enough to stick inside a plane and fly it around if
you think you might be having a low voltage condition due to servo
binding in flight or something.

--
Tom

       |  ,  |               Tom Simes