Rule Change Proposal

Jerry Budd jerry at buddengineering.com
Fri Jun 10 22:16:44 AKDT 2005

Why?

I mean, what does the takeoff and landing direction have to do with
anything, let alone the direction you fly the sequence?

Why does it matter?

(that's a rhetorical question - the answer is that it doesn't, it has
no relevance whatsoever).

Ron - I like your thinking on this but it's still unnecessarily
constraining.  I'd suggest that the takeoff and landing direction
should be purely at the pilots discretion, meaning that they can be
in whatever direction the pilot chooses (the safety responsibility
lies solely in the pilots lap on this one), and that they have no
bearing on the direction of flight that the sequence is flown in.
It's all up to the pilot, the judges really don't even need to be
involved in this other than to assist in letting the pilot know if
the runway is "clear" or not.

Of course the next logical extension of this is as Bob Pastorello
suggested which is to not even score the takeoffs and landings, but
apparently that's way too radical of an idea for some to openly
consider.  And that's unfortunate.

JMHO, Jerry

--
Jerry Budd