[SPAM] Re: New Sequences

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Fri Jun 10 02:58:49 AKDT 2005

Personally, I have always *liked* a cross-box turnaround, because of the
variety it adds to positioning in the box in an additional dimension
(depth).  Having a mandatory cross-box forces one to "choose" an INITIAL
flight line for the conditions that permits one to be at their "OTHER"
flightline following the crossbox.  Also requires one to really master
crosswind corrections in track - constantly - to keep the thing in position.

Years ago, the crossbox was used to position people OUT in preparation for a
Immelmann, Stall, Roll series that took up LOTS of box, so it was a good
manuever to permit you to go "OUT" with your line to keep in shape.
    It also meant stuff before was in SLIGHTLY closer, and that required
good throttle management, and literally put more of your show on display to
the judges as you were easier to watch.

Like I said, I know it's a preference issue, but I really think there is
also a skill-building benefit to having a crossbox or two.

Bob Pastorello
www.rcaerobats.net
rcaerobob at cox.net