Rule Change Proposal

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu Jun 9 17:29:50 AKDT 2005

I'd like to float a rule change proposal for consideration and
discussion.

After recently attending a contest in which landing downwind was very
difficult and dangerous, I thought there should be a rule change
regarding the landing direction.  Off the top of my head, I'd say
something like, "In case of a wind shift during the flight and to
reduce the hazard to people and the aircraft, subject to the approval
of the judges, the landing direction is the pilot's option."

Comments?

Ron Van Putte

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.