[SPAM] Re: Motivation

Terry Terrenoire amad2terry at juno.com
Mon Jun 6 17:45:34 AKDT 2005

In my case our club field is just about 15 min from my house, and there
is a "giant scale" club that flys from a private airstrip about 40 min
from my house, and I have an open invitation to fly there if need be.
Have only taken them up on it a couple times over the years.

Also fortunate that we were a club founded on competition, so there are
usually 6-8 of us who tour the circut each summer. Friday nights have
become our "unofficial" pattern night at the field. We get together and
try to help each other fly a little better, and bring new pilots into the
circle.
I have a student who has not soloed yet, but is interested in going to a
contest or two as an observer this year, then building something to fly
the Sportsman pattern with over the winter, then competing next year.

On Fri nite we only fly one plane at a time, so we may only get in a
flight or two, but it is like a mini-contest. Club members are
considerate enough that most will even ask if it is OK to go up when we
fly a pattern ship at other times of the week. They are all willing to
"stand down" while we put in a practice flight. They like watching! And
they are aware of the time and $$ we have tied up in our ships, adn the
eedication we have to the sport. It makes for a very nice arrangement.

Terry T.

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 20:07:35 -0500 "Todd Schmidt"
<tschmidt at classicnet.net> writes:
> I guess I'm lucky, 5 miles away from my door.
> Todd

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.