Motivation. . . .

GSailwhale at aol.com GSailwhale at aol.com
Fri Jun 3 12:45:51 AKDT 2005

I'm 42 years old now. I've been flying ( or attempting to fly) pattern  since
I was 15 years old.My fondest memories have been from flying pattern and
contests, meeting people, practice sessions on Tuesday's and Thursdays with Ron
VanPutte and John Fuqua. Going to contests with Tony Stillman. Watching
friends  come in and out of pattern. Winning the nats. Unfortunately over the last
few  years, my children have taken every waking hour of my day. I have no
regrets,  your kids only grow once. Pattern flying is my escape from life's little
problems. Every year I have the greatest of intentions of going to contests
and  every year something comes up on those weekends.
I enjoy pattern because of the sheer challenge of it. To try to achieve
perfection, even though we never will. It's a challenge not only against your
opponents but also against yourself. How many sports do you know where your not
only the competitor but the mechanic?
I guess it's true, once  you get model fuel in your blood you can't  get rid
of it!

Greg Grigsby