YS-91 AC problem

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Thu Jun 2 19:48:50 AKDT 2005

Ken,
Never had any luck with solvents and I tried a bunch of different ones. Bob
Kane has the right idea in scraping it off with a tool softer than the valve
itself. The #11 blade fits the bill.

Be careful if you decide to use an abrasive to remove the carbon. That stem
is a very close tolerance fit which is why a small amount of carbon can make
it stick. If you remove any metal by sanding, you'll have other problems to
deal with.

Verne