YS-91 AC problem

Jim Ivey jivey61 at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 2 18:44:44 AKDT 2005

Ken
 When you pull the valves chuck the end of the valve in your dremel and use WD 40 and scotch brite to remove the carbon. The scotch brite won't hurt the valve stem and turn the stem medium speed and keep it wet with WD-40. Then when you are ready to reinstall, seat the valve by using the dremel again and use rubbing compound and pull the valve into the seat while using medium speed.After a minute or two you will get the feel of what is happening with the seat. The other thing I use the dremel for is to check the valve and see if it is bent. When it is turning in the dremel the edge of the valve should be a sharp image. If it is a blur ,the valve is bent.

Jim Ivey
> From: "Ken Thompson" <mrandmrst at comcast.net>
> Date: 2005/06/02 Thu PM 10:04:46 EDT
> To: <discussion at nsrca.org>
> Subject: Re: YS-91 AC problem
>
> I'm going to try to find a solvent to soften the carbon, at the local auto
> supply, and use a brass wire wheel to remove the balance, still in theory.
>
> Ken

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.