Motivation. . . .

White, Chris chris at ssd.fsi.com
Thu Jun 2 06:46:30 AKDT 2005

Gotta go with Verne on this one.  I'm always giving Russell Honea a hard line about how I love to fly in front of judges and how the competition motivates me to fly my very best, but....  Last year we made a point of scheduling a vacation trip to the inlaws, towing my trailer from Tulsa to Cincinatti just to make the D4 Championship.  Why....? Because my Chicago pattern buddies (who I'd only met in my first year at Nats and St Louis and KC) had said what a great contest it was....Well, it was even better than I expected...not only did I meet a bunch of new great guys that I'd only read or heard about, but it was well-run and the extra activities and the food (Amy & crew) and the music (Bob Kane the DJ) , and the night fly.  Well, I think you get the picture....  24 hours driving and memories to last a lifetime.  (Hitting the hi-line wires and surviving to fly, Bob Kane losing the canopy from the El Nino in the brush, and with help, finding it. Dave Lockhart doing interminable hovers in a hailstorm of fireworks.... Frankie blasting away with his YS45 piped F20 with retracts doing his screaming flybys....and of course all the good competition beforehand.)  I had good times at every contest...its the people and the competition for me....

Thanks to all of you who've made it fun!
Chris