YS 91AC

Ken Thompson mrandmrst at comcast.net
Wed Jun 1 16:05:26 AKDT 2005

Hi all,

I have a YS-91AC that came in a plane I aquired last weekend.  On the 16th flight I lost the motor about 2 minutes into my routine.  After a safe, and pretty nice landing, I might add, I brought it back to the pits to see what happened.  I could turn the prop by hand with almost no back-pressure.
I pulled the motor out when I got home and checked it out the best I know how.  Pulling off the backplate I see the connecting rod and piston seem to be OK and the valves seem to be moving like they're supposed to.  I don't know a lot about these engines, as this is the first YS I've run in a plane.

What I need to know is where is the best place to send the motor to be checked out and re-built.  I don't want it just patched up, I would like it done right, but a quick turn around.

Asking too much?

Thanks in advance,

Ken Thompson