Principles behind Writing New Patterns

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Fri Jul 29 10:59:37 AKDT 2005

I think it's simply difficulty factor more than "wow" factor.  They're a
pain...at least to do well.   Add in all the variants...# of rolls,
reversing directions, a stiff cross wind...and it's the easiest
differentiator among the very top pilots.

I wish I were one...

Personally, I think it's necessary to distinguish them at this level.

-M
(I would argue though that vertical rollers can serve the same purpose)