*SPAM* Re: Sequence comments

George Kennie geobet at gis.net
Fri Jul 29 10:12:37 AKDT 2005

Now you've gone and done it!  You gave away the magic formula and
now everybody will be getting 9's on every
maneuver,.............aarrgghhh!!!

Atwood, Mark wrote:

> Hey Terry,
>

> Please don’t take this the wrong way
not meant to be a comment on
> your flying (never seen you fly) but I think you’d find that if
> you were ACEING the advanced pattern
current OR proposed
you’d be
> more than ready to handle masters.  Believe it or not
the same
> things that will let you consistently get a 9 on the six sided
> outside loop
are the same things that let you handle some of the
> more complex components in Masters or FAI.
>

> It’s not the maneuvers in general that kill ya
it’s the subtle
> rudder correction you need to make through each push of those
> outside corners
or in a heavy cross wind both rolling and
> ruddering in each corner to keep the crab in
    Once you master
> those
and thus are mastering the sequence
you’ll be MORE than
> ready for masters.
>

> I’m going back a bit, but I remember in Sportsman (what use to be
> intermediate) never really scoring consistently high on the
> inverted pass or the rolls.  I had tried to fly advanced
and all
> but crashed trying to do Slow rolls and the four point.   I wasn’t
> ready
and didn’t think Sportsman would ever get me ready.

> But the reality was that I wasn’t going to WIN sportsman
> consistently until I WAS slow rolling into and out of inverted.
> The sequence was set up to teach me that roll 180 degrees at a
> time.    Demonstrating that I had “control” of that roll
rather
> than briskly rolling to inverted and hoping I’d catch the elevator
> correctly
allowed me to score consistent 9’s on that maneuver
and
> suddenly it was time to move up
and suddenly I was “ready” to move