cataract update

Steven Maxwell patternrules at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 28 10:29:56 AKDT 2005

 John all I can say is I feel like I was put off for many years by eye
Dr.'s because I ask about all of the symptoms of cataracts, like I ask
about night vision, lights almost blinded me I was told thats because I
have blue eyes, I ask why I can't see what others see and was told it's
just the way it is, truth being told I could have done this many years ago
and would have been much better off in the quality of vision. I relate this
to dentist they never want you to get your teeth pulled I used to go every
6 months to get fullings replaced until I said enough waited a few years
till they didn't have a choice but pull all my teeth and get dentures that
was 30 years ago and I have never been to a dentist sense and couldn't be
happier.
 Truth is I feel like I was screwed for many years, after all you probably
won't need to get glasses again for many years, maybe never as my eyes
haven't changed for 43 years when I first got glasses, I could live very
happy with just having the one eye done but I will get the other, the brain
uses the best possible vision your eyes have to offer, I didn't think there
would be near this much difference.
 Steve Maxwell

That
> results in a diffraction situation that provides two images. The right
eye
> has astigmatism that is only partially corrected at 70 degrees. That
results
> in a pretty good image plus an offset blurry image. Most of the time my
> brain does a reasonable job of using the info but sometimes it is better
for
> me to sit out a flight.
> My cataract is a long way from the criteria that says a fix is in order.
>
> Keep up the reports!
>
> John Ferrell
> http://DixieNC.US

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.