FAI Pilot - judging versus practice and round scoring

Jim_Woodward at beaerospace.com Jim_Woodward at beaerospace.com
Thu Jul 28 08:47:34 AKDT 2005

Hey Steve,

Its just impossible to determine that.  I'd prefer not to do that type of
judging.  Its quite possible that given the practice, I did fly a bit
better, but due to the rotation of pilots and Tuesday's slightly easier
wind conditions, that everyone else's flying went up as well.  Its just
impossible to tie a reason to it.  I was just passing along my experience.
 So many permutations, so little time :).

On one day (can't remember, Monday or Wednesday), there were probably 8 or
more FAI pilots watching the Masters flying or "calling" for someone, and
none volunteered to judge when another masters judge was missing.  This
did delay things a few minutes.

Jim

James Woodward
Program Manager
B/E Aerospace Business Jet Group - Miami
9100 N.W. 105th Circle
Miami, FL 33178
(305) 459-7155  Office
(305) 459-7185  Fax
(954) 319-0873  Cellular

"Steven Maxwell" <patternrules at earthlink.net>
Sent by: discussion-request at nsrca.org
07/28/2005 12:38 PM
Please respond to
discussion at nsrca.org

discussion at nsrca.org
cc

Subject
RE: FAI Pilot - judging versus practice and round scoring

 Jim do you think that by judging that, maybe it helped you subconsciously
have a better feeliing for the winds of the day more than flying, by
seeing the good and the bad, like a zen state , or just autopilot??? If
I'm reading you right your score was better when you judged. Wouldn't it
be wonderful if everyone wanted to judge so they could fly better.
 Steve Maxwell