Does Pattern competition cost too much?

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Thu Jul 28 05:58:18 AKDT 2005

Dave:
Not that it means a lot to anybody, but I dropped out of IMAC when the
airplanes went on steroids.  A 35% airplane is now a less-than-standard
size plane, (40% seems to be the norm) and requires much more support
equipment and a change of lifestyle, (ground transportation, etc.) I
find that I'm not interested enough to make the required changes.  And,
as a top competitor said a while back:  "you know, I don't recall having
back problems until I started flying Giant Scale......"
A 2 meter, plug-in wing airplane (maximum; I could get by cheerfully
with smaller) exactly suits my life style.
Speaking for me, only, if pattern required a large size airplane, I
would probably go back to IMAC (or drop out entirely) because I like
many of the IMAC rules, and definitely prefer the annual sequence
changes, expressing sequences in Aresti, etc.  As I say, just my
opinion, but you and I have discussed some of these things before.

Bill Glaze