Nats Judging

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Thu Jul 28 05:45:36 AKDT 2005

I'm with you on this John. In fact we have a whole bunch of "lessons learned" to look at for a whole year. Dave has started his planning this week. One thing that would change the logistics a lot would be full or part time judges.

If you do the math you have the following-

3 judges  x 2 flightlines  = 6 per site x 3 sites = 18 in the morning and a new 18 in the afternoon = 36 judges to do just one day.  Three days of that is 108 judges.  If you start with 107 pilots you need help. If you lose a pilot for whatever reason you need help.

I take my hat off to any pilot who flies and judges more than 1/2 a day. You can say goodbye to any practicing, burn out your eyes and completely mess up your concentration. I know from personal experience of just doing one morning of 20 masters pilots I had to "re-program" for while before I flew my own rounds.

I also take my hat of to Dave and his predecessors who have made this all work.

Then don't forget Don Ramsey who has to run around finding twenty plus judges for the Thursday finals!

Regards,

Eric.