Nats Judging Rebate-keep their best SCORE!

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Jul 27 15:31:52 AKDT 2005

On Jul 27, 2005, at 6:05 PM, Bob Pastorello wrote:

> As a "non Nats" guy at the present - a thought - since a Rules cycle
> submittal is pending, I think that ANY considerations about
> "penalties" for not judging had BETTER BE BUILT INTO AMA rules.
> The AMA Sanctions a national event, and I would bet dollars to donuts
> that a subsequent protest for zeroed rounds would WIN - due to the
> fact that there is NO AMA provision in the rules to cover the
> situations you all are describing.
>
> I'm not taking sides, nor pointing fingers/blame.
>
> Simply suggesting that NOW is the time to try and get a rule change to
> support the propositions of "enforcement".  Could be important.-

This is something that was implemented in 1997, so it's not new.
However, in this day of "everyone's a lawyer", I think a simple
addition to the Nats entry form would be sufficient.  Something added
to the part of the form where it says that everyone should expect to
judge one 1/2 day session should do it.  It should say that anyone who
failed to perform a scheduled judging session would have a zero instead
of their highest score.  Entrants must sign the entry form for it to be
a legitimate entry, so the entrant's signature should indicate their
acceptance of the stipulation regarding judging responsibility.

Ron Van Putte