Nats Judging Rebate

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Wed Jul 27 09:27:30 AKDT 2005

Problem being--If a person isn't doing well anyway, and decides to
leave, he isn't going to care if you zero ALL his rounds.  That's the
major problem I see with something that doesn't hit them in the
pocketbook if they don't honor their commitments.  (Notice I used the
word Honor?)
I believe that Ron may just be onto something.

Bill Glaze

Ed Alt wrote:

> Did their highest scoring rounds get zeroed like they were supposed to
> for not showing up?  That's worth more than $50.
>
>> From: Ron Van Putte <vanputte at cox.net>
>> To: discussion at nsrca.org
>> Subject: Nats Judging Rebate
>> Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:33:51 -0500
>>
>> Last week at the Nats, I had a talk with Nats event director, Dave
>> Guerin about judging no-shows.  On the very first morning, Dave had
>> at least three no-shows (F3A pilots who were supposed to judge the
>> Master class).  You can imagine the frustration of trying to
>> reschedule pilots to cover for them, not to mention the delay in
>> getting the events started.  This was not an isolated case.  It
>> happened over and over during the week.  Some just forgot when they
>> were supposed to judge.  There were even some who were scheduled to
>> judge on the third day, who decided to leave after two days and
>> didn't tell anyone.
>>
>> We discussed having a "$50 judging rebate".  It would work like
>> this:  In addition to the normal entry fees, $50 would be collected.
>> If a pilot showed up to perform his scheduled judging session, he'd
>> get a $50 rebate.  If a pilot didn't show up to perform his scheduled
>> judging session, the replacement judge would get the $50.  BTW, the
>> normal stipend for pilots who perform extra judging sessions is $30.
>> Comments?
>>
>> Ron Van Putte

>> To access the email archives for this list, go to
>> http://lists.f3a.us/pipermail/nsrca-discussion/
>> To be removed from this list, go to http://www.nsrca.org/discussionA.htm
>> and follow the instructions.
>>
>> List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the