Nats Judging Rebate-keep their best SCORE!

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 07:34:44 AKDT 2005

I do know of one instance where a registered pilot was
a no-show for reasons beyond their control, but their
name was left on the flying and judging rosters. His
absence was known Monday morning, but he was still
listed and expected to judge FAI Wednesday afternoon.

I think a check-in at the mandatory pilots meeting
Sunday evening would be in order, no-shows should be
deleted from the flight order and judging re-assigned.
The only exception would be advanced notice to the CD
if someone can't make it to Sunday's meeting.

--- Ron Van Putte <vanputte at cox.net> wrote:

> On Jul 27, 2005, at 9:48 AM, Gray E Fowler wrote:
>
> > Money does not matter, scores do. In the past, was
> it not work or lose
> > your best round? THAT keeps people on their toes.
>
> That's done now.
>
> > I also heard that  some people coming to FAI and
> Masters did not
> > submit TWO frequencies, creating matrix hassles.
> Same here- assign the
> > matrix to make sense and if the person does not
> have his alternate
> > frequency as was requested on the NATS entry form
> then he simply does
> > not fly that round. The CD needs relief, and the
> contestants need the
> > MOST fair matrix that can be had.
>
> No argument here.
>
> Ron Van Putte
>

> > Ron Van Putte <vanputte at cox.net>
> > Sent by: discussion-request at nsrca.org
> >
> > 07/27/2005 09:33 AM
> > Please respond to
> >  discussion at nsrca.org

> > discussion at nsrca.org
> > cc
> > Subject
> > Nats Judging Rebate
> >

> > Last week at the Nats, I had a talk with Nats
> event director, Dave
> >  Guerin about judging no-shows.  On the very first
> morning, Dave had at
> >  least three no-shows (F3A pilots who were
> supposed to judge the Master
> >  class).  You can imagine the frustration of
> trying to reschedule
> > pilots
> >  to cover for them, not to mention the delay in
> getting the events
> >  started.  This was not an isolated case.  It
> happened over and over
> >  during the week.  Some just forgot when they were
> supposed to judge.
> >  There were even some who were scheduled to judge
> on the third day, who
> >  decided to leave after two days and didn't tell
> anyone.
> >
> >  We discussed having a "$50 judging rebate".  It
> would work like this:
> >
> >  In addition to the normal entry fees, $50 would
> be collected.  If a
> >  pilot showed up to perform his scheduled judging
> session, he'd get a
> >  $50 rebate.  If a pilot didn't show up to perform
> his scheduled
> > judging
> >  session, the replacement judge would get the $50.
>  BTW, the normal
> >  stipend for pilots who perform extra judging
> sessions is $30.
> >  Comments?
> >
> >  Ron Van Putte
> >
> >  =================================================
> >  To access the email archives for this list, go to
> >  http://lists.f3a.us/pipermail/nsrca-discussion/
> >  To be removed from this list, go to
> > http://www.nsrca.org/discussionA.htm
> >  and follow the instructions.