High Plains Championship

Ed Deaver divesplat at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 08:53:11 AKDT 2005

Hey everyone, now that we're talking about contests.

The High Plains Championship will be held here in Lubbock, Aug 6-7.  The runways are 175 feet wide but we will only use 90ft of that width wise and length is farther than you can see.  Practice is open of Fri with pre-registration avail.  $25 will only be accepted on Sat morning.  Concessions will be available.  Bring your tents or EZ Ups and chairs.  We will be facing West so it is imperitive we get going in the AM, Pilots meeting at 0800.  However, the plus side is we are at the local watering hole around 3:30 with 4 rounds in the books.

Sat evening we sponsor a free meal at John Johnson's house for all involved.  Also, every pilot gets a little Plaquard with their name on it.  Most of you have seen these, pretty cool.

Sunday has an early start again, but your usually on your way home by 1:00 latest.

Now the tricky part.  Reece Technology Center has again changed our site back to where the District Championship was held several years ago.  They have also totally fenced in the tarmac.  You MUST FOLLOW THE SIGNS we put up.  There is only one gate to come in at.  To get their, come in the Main Gate.  This is the junction of 4rth St, and Research Blvd.  If you are on 114(19 st) turn North at the golf coarse corner.  As soon as you are at the front gate turn right on Gilbert Ave and follow our signs.

The Reece management say we must keep the gate locked so we are changing the code, for the weekend to 1313.  Please close the gate behind you as we are all guests at this location.  Although this sounds like a mess it really isn't.

My cell is 806 239-5971 if anyone has any questions.'

Thanx and look forward to seeing everyone.

ed deaver