Coke Bottle Fuel Tank -- WAY OFF TOPIC :-)

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Jul 26 06:27:45 AKDT 2005

Years ago, I did PCB repair on cash register systems.
Occasionally we would get a system in that someone had
spilled coke in it. Coke would eat the copper etches
right off the boards. And, what was left was almost
impossible to solder to.

Then, there was the table-top video game from the
local bar. Over time, people spilled beer and some ran
down inside. Best I could tell, the beer did no real
damage, but the roaches sure loved it. We had to take
it back to the shop, set it in the middle of the
parking lot, open all the doors and empty a can of
Raid inside. An hour later, there were dead roaches in
a 30 ft diameter circle.

Then it was time for me to work on it. :-(

Bob R.

--- Dean Pappas <d.pappas at kodeos.com> wrote:

> Coke corroded
> the aluminum, through both coatings #1 and #2, in no
> time. It does a pretty good job on the fancy
> coating, too.

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.