Does Pattern competition cost too much?

MargueriteVG at aol.com MargueriteVG at aol.com
Mon Jul 25 15:28:38 AKDT 2005

  Hi Ed
  Let me first say hello to our pattern group and hope to see you all at Bob
Nolls flying event 50 Anniversary Contest. Our group will be there in high
numbers. Bob and his club hold an exceptional event.

I fly both IMAC and Pattern and I have been a CD for both events. Its true
that pattern pilots will be there with a prop or a glow plug or even replace
someone's engine if needed.

 I for one have ALWAYS had a team of help if one of my planes have a problem
at a contest or at the flying field. Pattern pilots will always help that is
true.

    Pilots in pattern will bring extra back up supplies and give it to the
next competitor to fly. Most pattern pilots are flying the same type of engines
and the same type of airplane. That is not the way it is in IMAC

IMAC pilots are also working in teams to help a fellow pilot at an event. The
difference is there are so many different planes and equipment at an IMAC
event that help and supplies are just not on hand. There are complicated engine
set ups and individual styles of installation. This makes just a bit harder to
offer help as in the pattern community.

 I think most pilots flying IMAC know the rules

Beginners might not know ALL the rules and I that would be the same for
beginner pattern.  I cant say they are all judges but IMAC informs there pilots on
the rules because they have to be judges at events. IMAC will hold judges
school before events.

We encourage all pilots to read the web site. That site will provide all the
information needed to know the rules and more. As in pattern IMAC pilots
flying in events try and learn as much as possible about the group they are flying
with.

competition cost to much (imac does not cost to much either) IT depends on what you
want to fly and how you want to compete. Golf racing, etc., etc., can add up
also. Difference is WE HAVE MORE FUN!
see you all on the flying fields
IMAC and Pattern
Marguerite
In a message dated 7/25/2005 6:11:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,