Nats Scores - Scoring Effort

Marty King mking46516 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 08:31:06 AKDT 2005

Thanks Mark,

The on-site team was made of Don Fredrick from NC,
Denny Overholser from IN, Linda Jesky from MI, yes she
is Andrews mom, and myself. Don handled most all of
the FAI data input and Linda did Masters. Unknown to
most of the competitors all the score sheets were
audited after data entry into the system and before
the flight scores were returned to the pilots. So
while one was entering data, the other was doing the
audits.

I did most of the daily contest setups, contestant
entry and assignments, site contest merges for daily
prelims and added the unknown flight maneuvers and
schedules for FAI along with fixing several teething
bugs that you always have with a new system.

We used Gene Maurice's Pacss scoring system. He has
been updating since April to work at the Nats,
especially the matrix and the finals with five judges.

I can not say enough about how easy Gene was to work
with and how he always went the extra mile to make his
program do what we need it to do. He even arranged to
be home and available during the NATS to fix anything
that came up. We did have a few bugs and Gene worked
till 3:30 AM Monday morning so I could do proper
merges between Site 1 and site 3. Now that is
dedication.

How much do you think he charged us for his program
and time? Nothing.....that's right, Nothing! He gives
his program away and is happy just to have helped
contestants have a great contest experience.

We really had a great team effort and now that we have
the bugs ironed out next year should run even smoother
on Day 1. If any of you that attended the NATS see any
of the scoring team members please take the time to
let them know how much you appreciated their help. A
little thanks goes a long ways.....

Sequence Complete,

Marty