Muncie Prelim results

Adam G adam.g at sasktel.net
Wed Jul 20 17:24:23 AKDT 2005

I am probably as un-objective as you will find, Mike, having never tried a geared inrunner and being sponsored by Icare and Plettenberg.

I would say the Hackers had more power than our Xtra 25's.  The Xtra 30 should even that score (Chad is finding that the Xtra 30 spins the 20x13 with ease, so will next try the 21x14 and 22x12w).  I want to have the Xtra 30 before France, as the Mantis is an extremely draggy airplane.

The Hackers are similar in noise in the air to a quiet 2- or 4-stroke, while the Plettenbergs are definitely the quietest.  Daniel L was spinning a 4-blade glow prop on his Axi, so it was quiet and had an unusual sound.

-Adam