Kavan starter dissassembly ?

Paul Horan paul.horan at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 12 11:25:35 AKDT 2005

Dave,
    Thanks for the info.  I have the stator (case) off.  Besides trash, small bits of debris up to 1/8 " in diameter, I also found three peices of wire.  Looks like I have lost at least one winding.
    I'll try putting it together w/o the open winding - suprisingly it had good torque without it.  Next time it goes down it is either repair the winding or toast.
Thanks,
Paul