Hatches

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Fri Jul 8 09:20:05 AKDT 2005

On Jul 8, 2005, at 12:00 PM, Scott Anderson wrote:

> Hope this year is not a repeat of last year for you guys.. I'm on
> alert  to come to FL to provide medical service if needed...

I hope you're not needed, but it doesn't look good.  I now appears that
the eye will come ashore about 50 miles west of me, near Pensacola.
Unfortunately, the east side of the eye is the worst one to be on, due
to higher winds and tides.  The lowest point in my house is 12 feet
above mean high tide.  The worst for high tide here was Opal in 1995
and the tide was 7 feet above mean high tide.

Ron Van Putte