Need some Focus II help

Ed White edvwhite at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 30 13:15:28 AKST 2005

Lining up the engine was some fun but not excessively
so.  I'm using a YS 140, that, without a header will
fit in the cowl with no cutouts.  I first mounted the
cowl on the fuselage (using Don S's recommended method
with little bits of the antenna tube - and I HIGHLY
recommend this).  Then I attached the engine to the
mount.  I had enough room to temporarily clamp the
mount to the engine box face and put in in the plane
dry.  Then I could install the cowl and measure how
much I needed to remove from the engine box to fit it
into the fuselage and have the correct clearance from
the cowl to the spinner.  Yes it was a bit of trial
and error, cut and fit, but it gets there without too
much difficulty.  Then you glue it in.  Once the
engine is mounted I did need some cowl cutouts to
clear the header.  After one season of flying
everything is tight and in place.

Ed

--- "William C. Harden" <flyinbill1 at bellsouth.net>

http://my.yahoo.com