Counter-Rotating Props

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu Jan 27 10:27:23 AKST 2005

On Jan 27, 2005, at 12:21 PM, Keith Hoard wrote:

> I guess if you guys were REALLY serious about pattern models, you’d
> design counter-rotating props for the engines. . .

Speaking about counter-rotating props:  Have any of you seen the Hirobo
Mini Lama RC Electric Helicopter?  I'm talking about the non-tethered
version.  I was over in Pensacola a couple of evenings ago at a local
high school gymnasium that Tony Stillman has arranged for the electric
airplane pilot to fly in for a two hours on a weekday evening.  Tony
delivered one of these helicopters to Steve Rojecki.  I watched as they
removed the helicopter and transmitter from the shipping box, installed
the LiPo battery (included) in the helicopter, snapped in a transmitter
battery pack and turned the system on.  Steve proceeded to take it off
and fly it around.  I was impressed.  I was even more impressed when
Steve announced, "Who said flying a helicopter is hard?  This is easy!"
  It turns out that he'd NEVER flown a helicopter before!

Ron Van Putte