140 RX air cleaner

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Wed Jan 26 10:07:53 AKST 2005

Another option is to search for screen packing material onthe Internet.  What
you are looking for is screen material used in thermoplastic extruders;  it's
used as a filtering medium for the plastic melt, and you can probably get  an
exact circle to fit your specific carb.

There are a variety of mesh types offered. A 60 mesh screen works okay  for
most runways or a 100 mesh for more dusty areas. Material is usually  stainless
steel but brass is also offered. Another place to look is WWGrainger  or
McMaster Carr.

What I do is form the screen to fit over the carb, and lock it with an
o-ring. It works easily with hand snips.  Easy to put on or take off, and I  have
never lost one of these from vibration or what have you.

MattK

In a message dated 1/26/2005 1:12:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,