Are Futaba S9451 servo's any good ?

Hitesh Gajjar hitesh at salt.ac.za
Tue Jan 25 14:40:01 AKST 2005

  Hello Ed,

  What applications were you using them in and did you notice any slop after
the 3 years of use ? As mentioned, I hope to use it in an Alliance on all
the surfaces - do you think it's appropriate ?

  Thanks
  Hitesh

  Hitesh -

  I've been using these servos and their predecessor (9450) without incident
for over three years.  The only "spec" difference between car servos and
others are that they are only spec'd at 6V, and the servo leads are a little
shorter, but they work just fine in our applications..

  Ed

  Hitesh Gajjar <hitesh at salt.ac.za> wrote:
    Hi,

    I've bought these servo's with the intention of using them on my
ailerons, rudder and elevator of my Alliance. The specs look good 120 oz/in
and 0.1sec/60deg on 6V. But after reading the towehobbies description, they
described as being car servos ??? What's the difference between an aircraft
servo and a car servo - just the package or is there something more ?

    Concerned,
    Hitesh