Rules and Sequence stuff

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Sun Jan 23 19:23:30 AKST 2005

List et al,

Lamar has selected the committee heads for the Rules and Sequence
committee's:

Don Ramsey---Rules
Troy Newman -- Sequences

I spent some time today with both Don and Lamar regarding this committee
work. The new setup that Lamar has put into place is to decentralize much of
the work being done. I think this is a good approach. Over the years we have
had a very few doing the work and we all either complain or just go along
with the outcome. Lamar would like to get more of the workload out into the
group.

I think personally this is a good idea.

This means the Rules and Sequence committees will have no DVP's.  We work
for Lamar and the Board of Directors on behalf of the membership.

We have a list of those who have submitted emails to Lamar wanting to be
involved. Don and I discussed the fact that lots of guys want to do
sequences and only a few specifically asked for Rules only. On the other
side we felt that the sequence group would need a large manpower base in
order to crank out the required options for new sequences. A rough idea is 2
sequences per class in addition to the current one. This is a ton of work
folks and we need all the help we can get.

These 2 groups (RULES, Sequences) are going to be working a bunch together.
These groups are separate and will operate independent of each other...BUT
Don and I are going to be in a close working relationship to know what is
going on in the other room so we are not duplicating time and tasks.

To start with we need some more volunteers. Right now we have lots of guys
from D6 which is great as they are very active now.  If you have already
submitted your name thank  you we have it and you will all be contacted in
the next weeks. However we have a need...

D8
D1
D7
D5

I would like to get at least 1 more guy from each of these districts for the
sequence group, And I'm sure Don can use as many as possible in the Rules
group.

ALSO NSRCA membership is not required! We would like outside input as well.
Remember we are supporting and promoting Precision Aerobatics. And while the
NSRCA is a huge part of that scene today we understand that there are other
pilots who are not part of the NSRCA or have not be members in recent years.

Please submit to me offline only PLEASE for either the Rules or Sequence
group

troy_newman at msn.com

Once I get all the setup I'll put together a core group Maybe 6-8 guys for
sequence design and then a broader group that will serve as the "Beta
Testers" I know this is where all you guys want to be!

This is the way I see the best results coming forward. Lamar and the Board
has set a pretty aggressive schedule of events with deadlines and I think we
can make them. The thing is we are going to need to get going on it. I think
I also express this for Don as well without stepping on his toes....Please
let us stress if you volunteer we will use you in some form or another.
Maybe not on the initial core group as we may have an overload of guys in
say Masters Class or from a certain district....But we will use your time
and talents to achieve the best results we can.

Troy Newman
Sequence Committee Chair